The new ST SUVs don’t just go fast – they do so with control, style, and sophistication valued by you and your passengers. These smart, and sporting, choices in transportation require us to deliver an experience to you that demonstrates their outstanding athletic abilities and technological features using both a controlled setting and public roads… and do all of which in an appropriate and safe manner.
When you join us in Asheville for this complimentary experience exclusive to all Explorer ST owners you will be exposed to the vehicles and what they can do like never before. From exercises designed to hone your driving skills while demonstrating technology in our vehicles to a tour through the Blue Ridge Parkway and other scenic roads, along with visits to noted local highlights, the ST SUV Experience is comprehensive and the first program of its kind to be conducted by the Ford Performance Racing School. Once you have completed this program, you will have even more respect for your ST SUV and a new-found appreciation for your enhanced driving skills. Oh, and plenty of terrific memories of a wonderful time spent in the mountains surrounding one of America’s most beautiful towns in the southeast, Asheville.
Included with your Asheville Ford ST SUV Experience registration:
- 1-day driving experience in scenic Asheville, NC*
- 1 guest experience**
- 1-night stay at the Village Hotel on the world-famous Biltmore Estate®***
- Welcome dinner reception for you and a guest at Deerpark on Biltmore Estate®
- Breakfast for you and a guest at Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate®
- Catered lunch for you and a guest
- Exclusive ST SUV Experience participant gifts
- 1-hour self-guided Biltmore House Tour (on program day)
- Access to Biltmore’s grounds, gardens, and Antler Hill Village & Winery during the length of your stay.
- Memories to last a lifetime
* Guided scenic mountain drive from Asheville to Mt. Pisgah, which will allow you to experience the handling, paddle shifts, and RPM hold capability. At WNC Agricultural Center, participants will perform exercises in a skid car to learn how to control oversteer and understeer, experience the accident avoidance capabilities of Ford Co-Pilot360™, and push the vehicle to its dynamic limits (Autocross).
** Guest experience is optional – limit one guest for program activities (excludes Skid Car). Age restrictions – 14 years minimum, or 16 years w/ valid driver’s license to drive; if under 18 years, the ST owner must be 18 or older.
*** Includes either 2 doubles or 1 king bed the evening of the reception dinner. (Additional adult guests are at the expense of the participant)
– You and your guest are responsible for all transportation to and from the Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate, and for getting around while on Biltmore Estate.
UPGRADE: PERFORMANCE DRIVING DAY, ON RACETRACK
Move from the scenic drive of the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Racetrack.
Add a second day of Performance Driving for an expanded taste of what the Ford Performance Racing School has to offer.
*Available on select dates only at Charlotte Motor Speedway. *Limited availability per class.
ST SUV attendee discount cost: $1,595/person ($200 savings) – Regular cost: $1,795/person.
The Ford Performance Racing School 1-Day program Features:
- Perfect for drivers at any level
- Learn control, cornering, downshift braking and more
- Professional instructors with championship experience
- Fundamentals of track driving from professionals
- Proper posture and seating position
- Vehicle Dynamics in a safe environment
- Heel/toe braking techniques
- Setting your track line – corner apex identification
- In-car communicators for immediate feedback to the driver
- The thrill and joy of performance driving using basic to advanced techniques
The program is held at the Ford Performance Racing School, based at America’s Home for Racing, Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS), “For 60 years, Charlotte Motor Speedway has set the standard for motorsports entertainment and become ‘America’s Home for Racing’. Nestled in the heart of NASCAR country, Charlotte Motor Speedway is the only race vacation destination where fans can totally immerse themselves in the sport by attending an event at the legendary superspeedway, visiting race team shops and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
Drivers must be at least 16 to participate in any racetrack activity and possess a current, valid driver’s license. Drivers under 18 will need to have a parental consent form signed on-site.
All FPRS Mustang GT cars used in the program will be manual transmission only. Participants must be proficient and show competency in driving a manual transmission.
How to Signup: Performance Driving Day Upgrade: April 21st and May 15th
- Look for a discount code & signup link in the ST SUV Experience confirmation receipt/email.
- Use the link and discount code to place a separate registration on the FPRS website.
- You may add this upgrade at any time by using the link & code (Assuming available space: classes do fill up)